In an effort to support and promote book bloggers further in 2022, Pages Unbound is hosting a (very casual) “Support Book Bloggers” Challenge. The idea is simple: we will work together to read blog posts, share them, comment on them, and boost book bloggers in other ways. To learn more about the challenge and the 12 prompts involved, visit the original post here. (The above banner was created by Pages Unbound.)
If you decide to join in on the fun, the social media hashtag to use is #BookBloggerSupport22.
Here are my responses to the previous prompts:
- January: Find 10 book bloggers you’ve enjoyed reading and give them a shoutout
- February: Find 10 new-to-you book bloggers to follow
- March: Comment on 10 book blog posts
- April: How to support book bloggers
- May: Share 10 blog posts to social media
- June: Respond to 5 comments other people have left on a blog (I didn’t participate this month)
- July: Books I’ve read because of other bloggers
Up next is the prompt for August.
8. FOLLOW 5 NEW BOOK BLOGGERS (LESS THAN 1 YEAR OLD)
I started a Twitter thread here to find book bloggers that started up approximately one year ago or less. I was surprised to find out that some of the bloggers with whom I interact and already follow are relatively new to the scene. (As if my blog is super old, too. It’s not. I’ve only been around for about 1.5 years.) So welcome, my friends! Here are some new bloggers I followed on WordPress (and that you should, too!).
- Jordyn @ Birdie’s Book Nook: A prolific reader and reviewer, Jordyn posts many times a week (and sometimes more than once a day) about mainly fantasy books. She’s also happy to interact and I’ve seen her blog hopping in the comments of other bloggers I also visit.
- Aster Marie @ Happy Bookish After: Aster Marie’s blog is also focused on fantasy. I love her lists of books and find that they’re often “new to me” reads I hadn’t yet heard of.
- Kshoni @ A Page Full of Words: Kshoni’s blog is completely new to me, but it’s also fantasy and science fiction focused. I look forward to reading her posts!
- Jessie @ RedBaumBooks: I’ve been following Jessie a while on Twitter, but this August challenge put my butt into acting to follow their blog. They focus on diverse reads and LGBTQIA+ topics.
- Joceline @ Green Reads Books: Joceline is another blogger I’d been following on Twitter and recently followed on WordPress. Joceline focuses on contemporary fiction, magic realism, and thriller reads.
- The Magic Librarian: This is another new to me blog I found for August’s challenge. Their blog combines book reviewing and creative writing.
- Escapist Book Tours: Run by Justin, Sara, and Victoria, this book tour company is relatively new to the scene. Their tours promote science fiction and fantasy books, particularly indie reads. I’ve seen their tour reviews pop up on my Twitter feed and the books always look so good. One of these days I’ll make room in my schedule to join!
- Min @ Min’s Archive: Yet another new blogger I discovered this week, Min started her blog in June. Her goal is to create a cozy space where she can share her love of reading.
If you’re a book blogger who’s been blogging for around a year or less, drop your links below! Let’s support book bloggers!