Not that I typically have blogging plans per month, but it wasn’t in my September blogging plans to decide to take a semi-hiatus. Everything was proceeding as usual. I presented my September TBR plans a few days ago. I was excited to visit friends and family in Maine. But as soon as I took my phone off of airplane mode on Friday after landing, I received a call urging me to do some follow up tests at the emergency room.
Long story short, the tests came back ok and I went on with my Friday after 4 hours in the ER. That adrenaline crash is real. I felt pretty discombobulated by this unexpected turn of events until I got a full night’s rest.
For a variety of reasons I won’t be elaborating on this space precisely about what’s going on. But I can feel myself becoming more distracted by it. So I feel that I need to loosen my grip on the perceived obligations that come with blogging.
However, I will still be around. This space and reading are nice distractions that help keep me from focusing on something that isn’t fully within my control. I just need a little more “freedom” this month. That means I probably won’t post my own content as much in September. But I will still be on social media and will try to continue with blog hopping.
I also plan to use this blog “down time” to catch up on some things that have been languishing on my bookish to-do list:
- Complete a Meet the Blogger interview
- Finish reading my ARC of THE PHOENIX KING by Aparna Verma and then review it
- Get back on track in general with ARCs
- Write a book review for KING OF BATTLE AND BLOOD by Scarlett St. Clair
- Post about my participation in the first ever round of the Speculative Fiction Indie Novella Championship (SFINCs)
- Start reading novellas for the SFINCs
In short, I just need a little more time for myself this month to recalibrate. So, these are my “September blogging plans.” Thank you all for understanding!