Insert obligatory statement here about how quickly it felt like the month flew by. Time goes by fast when you’re having fun (or are just busy, or any number of things). I had a surprisingly good reading month. It definitely helped that a couple of the books I finished in January were ones I started in December 2022. But they still count! So here we go for my monthly book blog wrap-up for January 2023.
I posted four reviews in January. From earliest to latest they are:
- Love On the Brain by Ali Hazelwood
- Ledge by Stacey McEwan
- Stardust in Their Veins by Laura Sebastian
- Bookworm by Robin Yeatman
Every month I share some statistics from Google Analytics because I think it helps put expectations into perspective for other micro-bloggers like me who are out there.
My top five posts for unique (not total) page views in January are:
- Anticipated First Quarter Reads: 54 views
- 2022 Book Blog Review: 39 views
- 2022 Top Ten Favorite Books: 36 views
- ARC Review: Stardust in Their Veins by Laura Sebastian: 32 views
- New Year’s Book Tag: 29 views
I finished four books from my physical backlist owned prior to 2023. Those books include WHAT’S THE T? THE GUIDE TO ALL THINGS TRANS AND/OR NONBINARY by Juno Dawson and A ROOM CALLED EARTH by Madeleine Ryan. I also finally finished ODD AND THE FROST GIANTS, a middle grade book by Neil Gaiman. And I read the novella A SPINDLE SPLINTERED by Alix E. Harrow.
I submitted two reviews to NetGalley, keeping my ratio at approximately 80%. But a few approvals arrived, so I’m currently sitting at 77%, which is still quite good.
Other Bookish Items
I finished nine books in January, which is fantastic for me. Those books are:
- WHAT’S THE T? THE GUIDE TO ALL THINGS TRANS AND/OR NONBINARY by Juno Dawson
- ICE PLANET BARBARIANS by Ruby Dixon (audiobook)
- ODD AND THE FROST GIANTS by Neil Gaiman
- BOOKWORM by Robin Yeatman (ARC)
- STARDUST IN THEIR VEINS by Laura Sebastian (ARC)
- A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas (audiobook)
- TO SNAP A SILVER STEM by Sarah A. Parker
- A ROOM CALLED EARTH by Madeleine Ryan
- A SPINDLE SPLINTERED by Alix E. Harrow
I worked on spending less time on WordPress. This is a fine line to walk because I want to post content, but maybe not as frequently. And I also want to blog hop to show support. But, as everyone knows, all of that takes time away from reading, which contributes to our content! Anyway, I think I did pretty well this month. I didn’t post as much, but I still had on par stats. And clearly I read more. This is a work in progress, though, as I figure out what works better for me.
And that’s it for my monthly book blog wrap-up. How was your January in review?